6 December 2022
Last week we had a list of punches to serve through the holiday season that could be spiked or left fruity yet sparkly for general consumption. This week, we list some more potent beverages that are for adults only. They will be fun for a small group of friends, a romantic tete-a-tete dinner, or solo as a reward for finishing that last end-of-the-year project for work.
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps or white Creme de Menthe
- ½ ounce vodka
- 1 ½ ounces Creme de Cacao
- 1 ½ ounces heavy cream
- Peppermint candies and grenadine, for the rim (optional)
- Prepare the rim: Crush the peppermint candies and place them in an even layer on a plate. On another plate, add a small pool of grenadine, or simply wet the rim of the glass with water using your finger (grenadine is easiest and works best). Run the rim of a martini glass in the grenadine first, rotating the glass so the rim is evenly coated. Then roll the rim in the crushed candies until evenly coated.
- Shake the drink: Place the peppermint schnapps, vodka, Creme de Cacao, and heavy cream in a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice and shake until cold. Strain the drink into the prepared martini glass.
- 2 espresso shots (2 ounces)
- 4 ounces (½ cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon Gingerbread Syrup (See separate recipe below)
- Make espresso
- Stir in the gingerbread syrup
- Steam or froth the milk
- Pour the milk into the center of the espresso, ending with light foam. If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 1 inch ginger nub
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries or ½ teaspoon of allspice powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel the ginger. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, toast the cinnamon and allspice for 2 minutes until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and add peeled ginger, water, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a low simmer. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the flavor tastes sweetly spiced, adjusting the heat as necessary to keep it at a continuous low simmer.
- Strain the syrup using a fine mesh sieve into a storage container and cool to room temperature. Stores for up to 1 month in the refrigerator in a glass bottle or mason jar.
You can also use this simple syrup in waffles, pancakes, or over oatmeal. Drizzle it over ice cream.
- 1 (14-oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 ounces tequila
- 8 oz. triple sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 cups ice
- Lime wedge, for rimming glass
- Sanding sugar, for rimming glass
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Cranberries, for garnish
- Combine coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Rim glasses with lime wedge and dip in sanding sugar. Pour into glass and garnish with lime and cranberries.
Tiramisu White Russian
- 1 part coffee liqueur like Kaluha
- 2 parts Vodka
- 1 part half & half
- Caramel sauce to garnish