Make Your Own Pierogi
January 15 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make doughy pillows of love and joy? In this class you will learn to make pierogi! Starting with making the dough, students will work through each step of the process to completion following the demonstration by the instructor. At the end of class the pierogi will be ready to eat!
Please note: In order to follow along with the instructor, please ensure you have the ingredients and equipment ready, including cooking the potatoes and onions prior to class.
– 3/4 c. water
– 2 eggs
– 4 c. flour
– 3/4 tsp. salt
– 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
– 2.5 lb. russet or yukon potatoes, peeled and cooked until soft in salted water
– 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese (the instructor recommends extra sharp)
– 4 oz. cream cheese
– 1 onion, diced and cooked until translucent with 1/2 stick unsalted butter
– additional 1/2 stick unsalted butter
– salt and pepper
– measuring cups and spoons
– fork, butter knife, spoons
– 2 mixing bowls – 1 large and 1 small
– 1 stock pot for potatoes
– 1 potato masher (or electric hand mixer)
– rolling pin (or wine bottle in a pinch)
– plastic wrap
– cookie sheet or casserole dish
– parchment paper or tin foil
– cooking spray
– optional: stand mixer with dough hook for kneading
The recommended age for this class is 16+.
This class will take place online through Zoom. Links for Zoom classes will be sent by 5pm the day of the class. If you do not receive your link, please check your spam or submit an email through our contact page.
About the teacher:
Anna Vos was taught to make pierogi by her Polish grandmother, and has been making them for over two decades. Anna is a feeder of people and currently a stay-at-home-mom. She lives in the Highland Park neighborhood with her husband and 2 children.
Featured Event Ads:
Sip & Sway to the Dean’s List Band Event